Monday, 22 April 2013

The Midnight Werewolf by Middlemarch


A mystery thriller by Middlemarch.
Here's what I think.
The book cover could be more creative. Its simple enough but could be more mysterious. Adding a prologue to the story would be of great help to get readers for the story.
Okay, so I write in the Mystery/Thriller genre as well and when I started reading the first chapter I was a bit unsure. Why? Because its written in second person. Personally, I've never read stories in 'You' form because they never caught my attention. But it is different this time. This story stands out in the 'You' category. It written brilliantly with good descriptions.
The story actually made me shiver with excitement. I could feel the tension during the James scene. It was perfect.
The only thing is maybe, break the chapter into two? I found it to be big. But apart from these, I found no errors. It actually is a good thing because at the start of the chapter, the author's note says, 'Unedited.'
It written beautifully, with wide use of vocabulary, descriptions and details. The story draws the readers in and makes them a part of it.
-SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment